How to clone? and what program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

im looking at clong my drive nothing in the computer will be changing apart from the hard drive.

what program is the best and also simple to use? is ghost the best?? i saw a few posts about that program.

also is it possible to find a step by step process of what i should be doing when i clone the drive so i dont stuff it up.

thanks.

Ghost is an excellent program although not exactly novice friendly.

if what you are wanting to do is simply replace your hard drive and clone the exisiting drive ontot he new one there is a simple to use program called casper XP which will do this.

http://www.fssdev.com/products/casperxp/

if you are not using XP and are using 98 or ME then you can use Drive2Drive which is offered by the same company for those OS's

Ghost is the most reliable way of doing this, in my opinion.

Some other options you have are Drive Image and Acronis True Image. If I'm not mistaken, there are also freeware utilities out there that can do this too.

thanks for the help. reliability is important but ill try casper xp as i am a novice at this and need all the help i can get.

Ghost is by far the best and easiest I have used, although I am sure there are a few more good ones out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back