How to configure CAL on per seat/Per user base

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitkumars

Hi,

I am Amit. I am working with a software company. I need help on the issue of CAL.I know concept of CAL but i want to implement and configure it for "Per Seat" base. SO can anyone help me in this matter?

We are using 3 W3K servers. There are 25 users who use these servers so we have purchased 25 CAL and now we want to implement it on the "Per Seat/ Per User" base.

From these three servers one is Domain named Server1 and other two is member of this server named server2 and server3. Now please let me know how to configure "per seat/Per user" licensing so that all 25 users can use these 3 servers without violating licensing agreement.

Thanks

Amit

Whichever one is your licensing server you need to go to:
Start > Administrative Tools > Terminal Services Configuration > Server Settings > Licences <change to 'per user'>

Hope it helps.

Window CAL configuration

Hi,

Thanks for reply but i am talking about Window CAL not terminal CAL..I know how to change the mode but i want to know after chainging the mode how to configure 25 users.

Thanks

oh, sorry. I don't think you need to configure anything mate other than the mode.
I'm pretty sure that Windows CALS, once set to 'user' are based on trust. So as long as you have actually bought the amount of licences you use, you will be fine.

Need to configure

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I am sure that we need to configure it and we can configure it from Start->adm tool->Licensing. Here we need to give all the user name or device name(PC name) based what we opted. But i want to know exact steps to configure it and my other server can also share this CAL from the domain.

Thanks

AMit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back