How to connect internet to my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hey everyone my cuzzin bought a used laptop, but when he went to tmobile to get internet on ther they gave him an internet card but his laptop doesnt have a place to put it???!? He spent 200$ for the internet so wat can he do?

What kind of laptop is it? Is there a make/model number you can give us so we can look up it's specs?

If not, can you tell us what kind of open ports it has? Maybe pics of the sides and back of the computer?

OK, sounds like we need to back up a step here.

Do you want to connect to the internet via wireless, or via cable?

If you don't have a wireless router at home, you'll have to hook up via cable. If you run a network cable from your internet modem to the computer (it already has a LAN port built into it, so you don't need to install any cards) you should be able to connect that way. The internet company he signed up with should have given you an "easy setup guide". Read it. It'll have all the settings you'll need to input etc., If they didn't give you one, then it is a shoddy company!

But as for him being a trucker and wanting to use it EVERYWHERE, now that's a different story. I am not sure of what kind of roaming wireless services are available in California, but I imagine if such a service exists he would need to subscribe to it. See if someone else comes along with more specific knowledge on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back