How to Fight Back at all this SPAM crap!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Seems I spend half my time online just reporting all this crap email
as SPAM, but more just keeps coming.

Isn't there a way to turn it back and throw it in their face so THEY
have some problems with it!?

I've tried a few times to send them nasty grams via "Reply" but of course
it always comes back undeliverable.

I'd LOVE to find a way to send THEM some crap!!

/s/ FED UP

Don't reply to spam, even if it is undeliverable. Because it if would deliver, they would know that they are sending to a valid email address. This way they may not know whether your email address is valid or not.

Also, don't give your email address away unless it's to a place you trust. I think there are things like spambots that will automatically scan web pages for email addresses and spam those addresses.

Regards :)

Yep. Don't post your email address online and if absolutely you have to, post it as an image so bots wont be able to read it.

Yes, I've seen that linked on many pages, but I've got no idea if it actually works though (popular != good). Also:
These links will redirect email harvesting bots to trap sites that will feed it with an almost infinite loop of dynamically generated fake email addresses, mostly on known spammer owned domains!
Do they check their generated email addresses against a list of real email addresses so they don't accidentally feed it a real address, and if so, where do get such a list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back