How To Find Out If My Laptop Has Shared Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogmo_pop

Hi!

I have a clone laptop and Im planning to upgrade my 512mb memory to 1gig so that i can play more games. But I dont know if it will work coz I dont know if I have a shared memory. How do i find out about it?

Thanks in advance..

You are going to have to go into the BIOS by pressing the del key while booting up and look into some of your settings of the BIOS and look under something pertaining to the graphics card (VGA) and see if it has an option of changing the shared memory, if it has that option, well then you've got shared memory

Intel Onboard graphics isn't has fast as ATI nor Nivida for gaming you might be upset with the performance. A lot of laptops now use shared memory for the onboard video graphics so part of the RAM you have 512 could show up as 511 or less. New laptops that say 128MBs for Video and comes with 1024MB of ram would drop down 896MB. Technically speaking you really can get by with 32MB of Shared RAM. Unless you're runing some high graphics program.

Hey!

Thank you guys! I just bought a 1gig memory, i placed it on the spot where the 512 was before and placed the 512 on the second spot below it. I have a new problem coz when I turned on my laptop, nothing would show up in the screen, the power led just above the keyboard would lit up but in less than a minute it would turn off but theres another power led just below the palm rest and that would stay on. I checked the memory cards again and still my laptop would not show anything..

Help please.. Dunno what happened..

Anyone out there?

I already tried cleaning the memory terminals with a pencil eraser and check if it was inserted properly but mu laptop still wont turn on..

HEEEEEEEEELP PLEEEEEEEEASE....

Try it with just the original memory stick in it's oringinal place. If that still works then try then new memory stick in the same slot, but do NOT put in your old stick. You likely have incompatible memory and they don't want to work together.

I tried placing the old memory in its original spot without the new one, it still wont turn on..

Whats happening?

I cant coz i cant see anything in the lcd.. Tried plugging in a crt monitor and it still wouldnt show up anything..

Blank..

=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back