How to find out what my machine is!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

hi

i have a computer at work .. as i am an architect i need a powerful machine with good gfx power etc
the machine i have been given is a few years old which i dnt really mind
its got 2x 3ghz pentium 4s
a reasonable gfx card asfar as i know (havent been able to push it to hard yet)
but only 512 ram!!!!

i dont understand why its got such a small amount of ram.
so im trying to push for at least another 512 or even a stick of 1gb then eventually (a few months time when my work load increases) another couple of gig.

anyway as my computer is also used a print server for a couple of printers 512 just wont cut it as i usually end up with about 80mb of ram spare :(
because i have a steady flow of prints through my computer i cant turn it off to check the ram type by eye etc
so i was wondering is there a way to check the fsb of the computer through windows?
ive heard that pentium 4 3ghz were 800mhz fsb ... but i dont want to just go on that

thansk for your time

cool the ram i need is pc3200 apparently so ill have a chat about ordering some more.
altho i did get a confusing result.. when the computer boots up (black screen) it shows two processors running at 3ghz
in control panel>system it shows 2 processors or to be more precise two clock speeds 3ghz and 2.99ghz
i opened the case this morning only to be greeted by one processor.. so what is it
cpu-z is showing 1 core and 2 threads ... what am i running lol :D

my dads pc shows 2 processors of 3ghz and 2.99ghz, if there's only one in there then it sounds like a dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back