How to for power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

trithumb

ok i have just bought my parts for my computer i put everything into it and now im going to hook up all my wires from my power supply... well i found that many things can hook to many places.... are they all compatible or should there b some method to this madness?

It's fairly foolproof. Nearly all the power connectors fit only the devices they were intended for. The only exception I can think of is the 4 pin 12V ATX connector that goes to most motherboards. That connector is sort of square with a 2x2 pin arrangement. Most power supplies come with a 24 pin motherboard connector that you can't miss. In many power supplies that 24 pin connector is split into 20 + 4 so you can remove 4 pins for those older motherboards that only require a 20 pin connector.

That leftover 4 pin connector looks just like the 4 pin 12V ATX connector I mentioned before. They aren't interchangeable so try not confuse them.

Needless to say, be sure the power is off and preferably unplugged before connecting and disconnecting any power leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back