How to get more than 2 monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMH

just as title says.

I use my rig to game (check my info, rig is there), and have an X1950Pro in it at the moment. However, I also use it for work, and I find that having more than 1 monitor is a good thing for that.

So I currently run dual monitor setups.

However, 2 monitors still isn't enough for me, is it possible to get more, without buying one of those matrox tripplehead2go thing? Adding another PCI card? I've got another slot for PCI-E as well, but I'm not interested in a second X1950Pro. That'll just blow my budget. I'm hoping to get a 25 dollar graphics card with 2 ports.

Also, will I see any problems running games on my main monitor? I only use 1 monitor for gaming, and don't plan to use the others.

Thanks for any help.

I think you can add another cheap pci card, especially if you don't want to use the third monitor for gaming(I'm not sure if the card can display the games properly.. I think it can because the main one would render the images). I think you won't experience problems on your main monitor because games usually support (and thus only play on) a single monitor. Sometimes it plays on two. Again, I think it won't cause any problems, but even if it would, you could just easily disable the second and third monitor and re-enable them when you're done gaming.

I take it that nobody has ever tried getting more monitors on any other way than through SLI/Xfire?

Hmm, no. 1 monitor is fine for most users :)

However, THIS might help you. It's for nvidia cards, but should work with ATI ones.

Perhaps you could just buy a cheap ATI PCI card?

Check around for some type of splitter. Who knows whats out there. Check out ebay and newegg. I wouldnt doubt it if they had something along those lines.

There is a splitter, a pretty well known one.... Would cost me a little too much though. I'd rather add a second X1950pro into Xfire instead...

But I don't need all that power, which was why I'm stuck with a brand new X1950pro instead of the 8800gts.

Hoping to save a few bux, I might just buy one of those PCI cards which cost less than 30 bux and give it a go :D

Forgot to mention: Wolfram, that was exactly what I needed to see :D

I've tried old PCI graphics cards (S3 Trio & Virge) with my old socket 939 mainboard (I'd like to get more than two displays as well), but they apparently don't play well with PCI 2.2 specifications or something. Abit's boot code error was that it couldn't find a suitable VGA BIOS.

I've yet to try with my current Asus A8N32-SLI, but this has another PCI Express slot I could use, so I might just get another PCI-E card.

it is possible im running a 3 way Agp graphics with a normal 15 pin monitor connector,DVI connetor and a s video

at the moment i got a 15 inch monitor and a 42 inch projection tv wired up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back