How to get rid of Download Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I like and use Firefox, but to me that Download Manager
is nothing more than an annoyance.

Every time I download something that pops up and all I
do with it is stop what I'm doing and close it.

I searched and couldn't even find it on my computer
anywhere.

Appreciate any tips!

the downloads box thing is part of firefox so you can't get rid of it.

however what you can do is go to the firefox extensions website and get Download Statusbar

instead of bringing up the downloads box it brings up a small bar at the bottom of the screen that hardly intude at all (plus there's a 'mini mode' which sends it to the status bar as an icon)

i use it myself and it's realy good :) plus it tells you more about the file bieng downloaded etc

Hardly something to get upset from! If you look at the Download Manager, it does give you some options, like 'clean up'. It's very handy to be able to locate all your downloads in one place.

it is god that you can open the downloads box and have a list of all the stuff you downloaded (since you last pressed "clean up" at least) but if you use download statusbar, it puts the file in the download manager even though it doesn't come up so you can still go back to downloaded files that way

true, but i was just saying that you can still bring the downloads box up if you wanted a list of recently downloaded files

the original post asked how to get rid of the downloads box and i said that download statusbar is an alternative that is less obtrusive, because you can't get rid of the firefox default box (as far as i'm aware of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back