How to host the WC3 FT for more than once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem here.I'm using StarHub 1.5Mbps with a sharing connection with a SMC2804WBR v2 router and this this the com that is the server.
I think I have set the port for WC3 FT correctly under NAT/Special Applications correctly.
But I can host or join any game in custom game at Battle.net(US WEST) the first time,but the second time I host or join the game after playing finish the first game,I can't get that list of custom games available or create a game.
My friend told me that I'm being DC from Battle.net.
Can anyone pls tell me the step by step process to solve this problem and how to set the ports for this router in order to work fine for Battle.net games especially Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.
I have updated my router firmware.
Pls either PM me for the solution or reply this thread.
Thank You!

Well, I know to play FT you won't have to open any ports. Hosting, you'll need open ports. The proper port is 6112

If you behind a firewall from a university or company, then you may not have access to change port settings.

To open ports, most routers have a port forwarding page, where you can specify certain ports to be open on certain computers on the network. The information you'll need is the port (6112) and the local IP address of the computer that you'll be using.

I still can't host or join any custom game the second time round after playing finish the first game.
I have updated my router firmware,
Tell me a step-by-step solution to solve that problem.
Is is something to do with the NAT/Special then setting of trigger ports and public ports or it's something to do with the Firewall/DMZ settings such as setting of Client PC IP Address
like this :192.186.2.___?
Or something to do with the "defining of the Virtual

I still can't host or join any custom game the second time round after playing finish the first game.
I have updated my router firmware,
Tell me a step-by-step solution to solve that problem.
Is is something to do with the NAT/Special then setting of trigger ports and public ports or it's something to do with the
Firewall/DMZ settings such as setting of Client PC IP Address
like this :192.186.2.___?
Or something to do with the "defining of a Virtual DMZ Host"?
If it is a setting up a Virtual DMZ Host,tell me how to set me one.
Help me find information for preventing me from being disconnected from Battle.net using a SMC2804WBR router if u don't know.
Thanks!

Same Problem!

Hi!
I have the same router and the same problem.
I get the message of losting inet connec. to b-net, when i wait long enough without seein' any games.
But i dont know how to solve this problem ....im searchin' and if i find somethin' i post here ...plz do also...cause it sucks..to restart wc3 after playin' a custom game...

Greetins' da spoOk

P.S. Ports are fine (can host 1 time custom...and "Arranged Team" as often as i want) ...doesn't have to do with.

Ok rick, i saw u working with the other nerds with hosting problems, and thought you could help me, I figured out my hosting problem is probably my ports, but when i go to enter in 6112, it says i need a Range... so i need 2 different ports, could you please help me in finding which two ports i need? Or anyone in that matter, if you can help me please, Thank you!

NoThInGz said:
I have a problem here.I'm using StarHub 1.5Mbps with a sharing connection with a SMC2804WBR v2 router and this this the com that is the server.
I think I have set the port for WC3 FT correctly under NAT/Special Applications correctly.
But I can host or join any game in custom game at Battle.net(US WEST) the first time,but the second time I host or join the game after playing finish the first game,I can't get that list of custom games available or create a game.
My friend told me that I'm being DC from Battle.net.
Can anyone pls tell me the step by step process to solve this problem and how to set the ports for this router in order to work fine for Battle.net games especially Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.
I have updated my router firmware.
Pls either PM me for the solution or reply this thread.
Thank You!

hi all, I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact game and the same exact router...can someone please help because none of my applications will work anymore due to the NAT problems that my stupid router is creating...I even contacted SMC and they don't know how to fix it either!!
Does anyone have any idea as to why this problem is occuring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back