how to install toshiba software modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys; First post. I have a Toshiba Portege 3500. I did clean install. The modem driver version now is 5.0.0.2 (Location: On ALi Audio accelerator WDM). I tried to install the new driver (v 2.1.63) but couldn't install. I donloaded the file, unzipped it, ran setup file, chose yes to install. The progress indicator ran about 80% and disappeard. I checked the modem driver still the same.

the driver 5.0.0.2 came with installation of recovry CD(windows xp tablet edition-recovery immage). If I uninsall this driver(5.0.0.2) then beboot, this driver will be reinstalle automatically. the v 2.1.63 is from toshiba site.

i am having the same problems. i have a satellite A20 and recently i had to format my C drive. i re-installed XP and then realised, because my laptop came pre-installed with XP, that all the TOSHIBA stuff that was originally on there was gone. so i went to the website and downloaded the modem drivers. i unzipped and it and asked me if i want to install drivers and i said yes. Then it would start doing it and then it would get to about 80% or so then just disappear!!! I thought it just finished really quickly but then nothing had changed.

I cant even see my modem and i am getting really frustrated with it. anyone no why the installer thing is just stopping or canceling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back