How to overide graphics card refresh rate properity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyj131

Refresh rate

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a VGA box which lets you use a playstation 2 on a monitor. My monitor is A 17inch samsung lcd and my graphics card a nvidia geforce fx 5200. Now for the problem, it has to be set to have a refresh rate of 50mhz to work, the lowest it will go in the settings is 60mhz, is there a way i can overide these settings? Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers!

I don't think it's possible to set a refresh rate below 60hz. Are you it's your monitor that has to be set to that setting ?

PS. For better clarity & to make it easier to follow, please post in the original thread.

60mhz should work- the ps2 should be putting out a NTS or PAL signal at that frequency unless it is capable of progressive scan like the xbox.

I have a spare monitor that can be set to run @ 47hz and normally runs at 56hz...It's an older monitor but works fine....

Ive been told by the person who sells the vga box that the ps2 will only work on 50hz. But he dosent know how to change the setting as hes never had to before all his monitors can be set to 50hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back