how to provide proper port to maximise utorrent download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwa

hi,

i am trying to speed up my utorrent by using its speed guide.

i am having yellow warning sign at bottom saying "no incoming connections unless the icon turns green, it could indicate problem with your network connection"

i tried inputting different number in the "current port" tab, i dont know what a port is,how many ports we have,how to enable my port etc.

i am having winxp,lan card with cable-net connection. i am just n novice in computer hardware matters, can anyone guide me on how to speed up my utorrent, how to open the port to maximise the download.how to check ports?how to open them,which port should i enter in the ""current port" tab to maximise the download?

pls help,

thanks

best bit of advise.....

go to www.portforward.com run through the directions.....

also...

some trackers are having issues with certain versions of utorrent i believe it to be 1.7....

from what i can see the old 1.6 version still works..... or change to AZ

have you posted twice? ;)

if you have a router i can help you with port forwarding

also what firewall do you have/use

personally i use bitcomet but this problem sounds like a port forwarding issue, bitcomet has a yellow light that goes green when you open the port that it uses

halo71 said:
I have not had any issues with version 1.7 or 1.7.1.

on a few sites, that i frequent..... many users are reporting errors in connection ........

these are quotes:

'supertorrent just banned 1.7 and below'

'bitsoup just banned utorrent 1.7 '

there are more sites that are banning this version..... which would mean if you where or are a member of these sites.. you would need multipliable versions of utorrent

yes.. i used bitcomet...

i personnelly like that client... i had no problems with it...... but one of the sites i use the most, banned it due to ratio reporting ... and since the site is a private site and runs a very strict ratio limit.. i had to change

but i would recommend bitcomet

yah, sorry for posting twice :( just desperte to get it fixed. i use zonealarm, i dont have a router & mine is the latest v 1.7.2.

i tried resolving the problem by going to the portforward.com but i dont have a router. i only have lancard of zebronics.

what to do now :(. i used bitcommet too but it showed the same error. the light wont turn green, n the speed was slow too..

no man, i aint any member of any torrent site, prefer isohunt n torrenportal.

just messed up my head looking for solution :(. wish this "port" has some kinda cork which i can open up like a champagne :)

i use torrentspy and isohunt myself :D

in zone alarm, go into the firewall tab and click on Advanced under trusted or internet, whatever you've put your internet connection under. where it says something like "allow tcp/udp incoming/outgoing port" (there will be 4 boxes with teh different variations) type the port number that utorrent is using and it will open up the port in zone alarm

if you don't know if your connection is under trusted or internet, have a look at the top of the screen and see if there is a network symbol next to where it says Trusted and Internet, near the padlock thing

dude :( nothing happened,

here is what i did.

opened zonealarm, my network is uner trusted so opened the custom settings,

checked the allow incoming/outgoing tcp/udp port & enter the port number 32868 which was there in the "current port" tab of utorrent.

nothing happened, it still shows yellow color n same error message :(

pls advice, what to do? did i do something wrong?

dude nothing happened,

here is what i did.

opened zonealarm, my network is uner trusted so opened the custom settings,

checked the allow incoming/outgoing tcp/udp port & enter the port number 32868 which was there in the "current port" tab of utorrent.

nothing happened, it still shows yellow color n same error message

pls advice, what to do? did i do something wrong?

it sounds like you did it right, i can't think of anything else at the mo because we've tried zone alarm and you don't have a router so i'll give it some thought and we'll see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back