How to report a virus to Symantec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmey

I've been trying to report a virus to Symantec Antivirus but it's not working.
The virus I'm trying to report is recognized and caught by AVG with the name Worm/VB.CWA but I have ten more computers using Symantic. To change them to AVG is a huge trouble. So can anyone help me report this virus to Symantec please? Or tell me how to do it by other way than reporting via the installed program (because it does not work for me).
Thank you in advance.

Rasmey

Symantec is a junk anti-virus ( No offense )

It's a better option to switch them all over to AVG or Avast! anti-virus, seeing how you'll be more secured and less likely to get viruses in the future. Just download the .exe onto one computer, put it onto a CD then put it onto all the other computers you may have.

Oh really! It did catch some virus and work for me quite good with other virus.
Aren't there any more suggestion? I don't want to resort to this action yet.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Rasmey

I try to do as Tedster suggested but I couldn't find file key igfxnet or AUTORUN.INF. Then I try to scan via AVG and it detected virus but it will not heal. The access to the scanned drive is full. I check AVG status and it seem to be alright. Does anyone ever have such problem? I don't want to reinstall it again.

ShipMaster said:
I agree with TimParadox, Symantec is not a good Anti-Virus program. AVG Free is better than it.
depends on what you have. Norton home is pretty poor and a resource hog. Norton corporate is excellent.

How to ....

I hope this will help.
You will need Norton 2008 protection.

If you know what file is infecting your system lets say C:/program files/Trojan.exe

Then open up Norton internet security section in the control panel,
Click 'manage quarantined items' and then 'go to quarantine'
When faced with the new window that should open up, i nthe bottom right it should say add item to Quarantine, click this.
It will then ask for a short description (60 characters) try to explain where it is from.
Then click the browse icon and locate the file in this case 'C:/program files/Trojan.exe' and click 'open'
Choose wether you want to remove from you computer by the check box. Finish by clicking 'Add'
Click refresh list at the top of Quarantine items window, and you should see the file you have just placed in Quarantine. Highlight it and click more details.
In the Actions area, it should say report to Symantec, click this and your done

I hope this helped and is not too complicated.

~~EDIT~~

I find norton is very good at protecting my pc, I have only ever had 1 virus on my computer, and thats within 2 years of usein Symantec Home Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back