How to silence loud system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossimoboy

Hey everyone, I've been very angry and dissapointed lately.
The fact is, my computer is extremely loud, something is screaming when its running.
I am led to believe its my cpu fan, because when i turn it myself, i can hear it grind a little.

So, I was wondering if you guys here had any tips on making my rig quieter.
Anything will help,
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Or if its hopeless, could someone recommend a good socket 478 cooler?
(I think zalmans are too big for the mobo.)

Water cool it. Nothing quieter and as effective.
Corsair make 'em as do ASETEK. I'm using a Corsair w/c setup atm to cool a o/c P4. The Asetek unit is far better tho, higher flo rates and double the cooling. Google them as I'm in OZ and you are (I assume) in the States so can't supply links.

Check it out :grinthumb

The sky is the limit if you don't have a budget. The budget will determine everything. Heck, if you want quiet, get one of Lian-Li's "silent" cases with liquid cooling and a silent PS. It'll run you $300 to $500 but hey, no noise!

And then all the way down to just finding the fan making noise, and replace it. Probably a sub-$15 purchase online and 3 minutes of your time.

Ive heard rumour off my bro that you can just drop your whole enclosure, stripped down, into a tank of non-conductive, coolant liquid and it should all run just like normal, fans and all, whilst keeping it ultra cool and extra silent.
People please feel free to correct me if this is bogus.

Actually PC_Nerd, such an expirement was already succesfully completed over on TechTV I believe. But was performed on an older Pentium system, but sure enough, it worked.

Problem is, on a faster machine, the static liquid will just warm up until it gets hot, without keeping it moving and cooling it off. And I'm sure the liquid could eventually go where it shouldn't go, or cause errosion on parts. I guess it would have to be a very special liquid that doesn't errode, doesn't rust, doesn't evaporate, cools quick, heats slow, is not poisonous or environmentally unsafe. Then perhaps it could be done for a long period of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back