How to slow down my AOPEN DVD Rom ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I run into problem with this drive. When I pop in thosed copied DVD discs in this drives, it spins so fast that it makes loud noise. Anyone of you have any idea how I can slow down this drive ????:D :rolleyes: ;) :p

Originally posted by The Wizard
:grinthumb Thanks for the link, and I will tryout any related downloads and let you know the outcome......... :D :p :D

I thought this would probably be better off in the Storage forum.

:eek: don't know why you think that should belong to storage......anyway, got the speed file downloaded to tryout, it is good enough for me now eventhough it can't hold the speed for some reason behind..........so, thanks so much especially to Mictlantecuhtli.........and cheers for now.:D :xgroup::grinthumb

Originally posted by The Wizard
:eek: don't know why you think that should belong to storage......
The Storage Mania sub title is "Hard Disks, CD-RWs, DVD-RWs, Zips and other removable media." thats why Rick placed it here.

56x definantly has to much warp speed

I have somewhat a problem with my 56x CD-ROM. During some high speed installations, it seems to go soooo fast that it skips a file. Which, in turn, causes the installation to automatically abort. Whether it's a high speed mechanical problem, maybe some disks themselve not cut for such high speeds (does not happen to every gaming CD), or a faulty driver (which has no update :mad: ), or whatever may cause this malediction, I may very well use the above tatics to remedy this problem if it does not sieze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back