How to turn off overheat auto shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to turn off overheat auto shutdown?

So I got a new computer and everything is working fine. When I start playing a game the temperature rises and as soon as the CPU or the case gets just over 40C, my computer does an automatic shut down. I think that is a bizzar temperature to have an overheat shutdown. Can anyone help me to turn this feature off? I went into the BIOS, but for some reason I did not fond an option to do that and all I got was the data showing current temperatures. So can anyone help me to turn that feature off or atleast put it up to 70 or 80. Every bit of help is loved!

40C I ain't ever heard that before...

Are you certain that your com is shutting down due to the CPU termperature?
Do you get a warning message telling you it's going to shut down?
And how do you know it's 40C when it does?

If it only happens when playing games it could be something else than your CPU, like your gfx card maybe?

A couple of people told me that it could be the heating (before I knew its 40C) and I downloaded this thing that shows my temperature at the bottom right and when I play a game, but keep it under 40 (open window and open the side wall+ a living room fan next to it) it works fine and never shutsdown, but if I don't do that, it shuts down when it gets to +40C. So I think it is that not anything else.

I have the P5LD2 ASUS board if helps.

turning off the auto shutdown is usually in the advanced power options. if all you see is the temps and fan speeds then you can go to the advanced CPU options too and there should be a thing called CPU internal thermal control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back