How to uninstall integrated sis vga (asrock) ? it says no hwkey found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moralez

Just like above. I've changed the bios priorty to agp and nothing happened! Just don't have a clue how to uninstall.Using radeon x1650 pro agp graphcard, though the system does recognise it and shows it also in display, i'm thinking that there is somekind of conflict between this integrated graphcard and with the radeoncard, just don't know how to get rid of the integratedone, apollogies my english..please help if ya can! (Asrock k7s41gx mboard, sis 651fx) and yeah i could uninstall it but it will say no hwkey found.wtf!

So you've installed a VGA card in the AGP slot & wish to disable the integrated one ? Have you hooked your monitor to the new card or is it still hooked to the old one ?

exactly, wanna disable the integrated, and it's hooked in the new graphscard port, still can't disable the integrated and it's causing conflict, as far as i think..

oh yea and when i try to put it in the integrated one it doesn't recognize the monitor anymore..if that helps..

The AGP port or the AGP card may be bad... If you have selected AGP as first video chioce in the bios, this should be all that's necessary to do

i only found settings to select onboards speed 32--> etc. Can't find enable/disable setting, should it be under advanced section, if so it's not there!
And the motherboard and agp card are brand new, i mean just been bought..
And i could uninstall the sisvga driver even from addremove, but when i try to do that it will say no HWkey found! ?? ;D

If the integrated VGA is not conflicting with anything, you might as well leave it. Some integrated VGA cards stay active even when an add-on card is inserted in case you would like to hook up multiple monitors to your system.

What we know so far is that in order to have something show up on the screen, the monitor has to be connected to the add-on card which is installed in the AGP slot. To me that means the cards is working properly. It would be better to disable the integrated VGA card but it won't cause any havoc if it stays the way it is, at most it could render a small portion of the system memory unusable.

when i go to device manager it shows only the agp driver and agp driver secondary, and when i try to play some games they wont start at all, (except counter strike, but not the source!?) even when i start 3dmark06 it'll say d3derr_invalid call idirect3d9 create device failed, so i think that i just have to disable that integrated card, but just don't know how, i can do quite everything with my computer but when i try to play some games they won't start or something is wrong as they appear..and the motherboards guide says when i install any cards to agp or pci-e the integrated card will disable but it won't, damn why is this so hard to adjust! appreciate all your help ! we'll sort this out somehow!

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL is returned if Adapter equals or exceeds the number of display adapters in the system.

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL is also returned if IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceType specified a device that does not exist.

Sounds like the wrong drivers

By the way the new catalyst drivers don't 100% support AGP cards, So sometimes direct3d has trouble getting information across the drivers to the graphics hardware.

I would recommend uninstalling all ATI software, reboot, and then download and install catalyst version 7.7

**** nothing worked so i formatted c: and installed windows again, now i didn't install the integrated card and everything works just fine!! Thanks ya all for your help and happy new year!! (I can finally play some games ;D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back