How will those run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

Well its time to update of course the dual core 2 is the new thing out....any way i have 1100 to spend and tommrow im removing my mobo saying bye to it and putting a intel dual core 2 2.6 ghz in it with 2 gig ddr 2 ram i just bought a video card like last a week a nviida 7800 agp 8 x so ill be using that...any way how will this set up run?

Why are you getting AGP?
Why not SLi?
But everything else is hella good..

Don't get me wrong thats a good Video card..But its a lot better in the PCI-Ex16 interface..

honestley the rsn im going with the agp is i just bought the agp card like one week ago im not a gamer really i only play one game called sims 2...so the nvidia 7800 agp 8x is dam perfect for it...if i was a big time gamer i would def go sli or w.e but its a waste of money going that way...i went to tiger direct and its costing me around 1000 didnt check shipping with that...any way hopefully tommrow this lady i know who always gets the parts from the manufacturers will get it for me at this price or cheaper...so i can have it done tommrow asap...as for the case i have a realy sexy all clear acrylic case 3 hds 250 gigs each and all the other stuff so i just need the mobo,dual core 2.6,and the ram...

btw would i be able to run my 7800 agp 8 x in a pci express pc?if not im screwed..

bUmp...so can i use my agp 8x on a sli mobo and i have a 550 watt aspire on my current pc for my intel p4 can i still use that also?

You cannot use a AGP card in a PCI-Express slot or PCI slot they are way different..
Most likely the Power Supply will work.

Yes..What socket is your Processor..I will find you one..

Nevermind..I couldn't find any but what motherboard are you getting?

o ok thats all im wondering cause im going to the pc shop tommrow where i have a hook up so im looking to get the dual core 2.6 ghz with a mobo supporting agp 8x and 2 gig ram for the dual core if u can...can u pick me out the stuff on tiger direct will def appericate it thanks..

well i really want a higher end pc for my self...any way um that mobo dosent have the agp 8x slot i dont see it on the specs any where as for the dvd stuff i have everything i jus needed the ram,processor mobo and fan for it,

The Processor has a fan and heatsink and thermal pad..But your going to have to get a PCI-Express card...
Those one I showed you are perfect for you..

hmm i guess i gotta do more looking cause i just bought a nvidia 7800 agp 8 x and def would rather use that...so i need the agp slot in a dual core mobo..

well it seems i cant find a agp slot for the video card now the stuff u showed me everything comes out to 795 with out the video card if u can find be a great video card pci express itll be perfect...remember my limit is 1100.

is my total with next day shipping etc so....ill go by my friend tommrow see whats the deal and if anything ill have him look over this and tell me if to go with it..

yea u can pick one out also just incase i change my mind to go with the sli.

so with that mobo i can drop in 2 of the same video cards u showed me or there is special sli video cards?

ok so my total is likw 1 grand 78 bucks.ill go talk to my friend at the pc shop tommrow the lady told me to give her a call and she will get the parts for me tommrow if she cant get all this for the price of 1100 or so then ill get it off new egg.

hey gusy this is the update im running the dual core 2 2.13 ghz processor....pci express sli 7600 ddr 3 256 mb 3 hard drives 250 gigs each 3 gig ddr 2 ram...im in the process of adding back all my programs almost done finally!lol...then i can really use it and stuff.thanks for everyones help.

ehhh

RUDEBWOY said:
hey gusy this is the update im running the dual core 2 2.13 ghz processor....pci express sli 7600 ddr 3 256 mb 3 hard drives 250 gigs each 3 gig ddr 2 ram...im in the process of adding back all my programs almost done finally!lol...then i can really use it and stuff.thanks for everyones help.
1 7900gtx runs better than 2 7600's in sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back