How would I get my computer to recognize my playstation 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got my playsation 2 connected through the composite video spot on my radeon card and the audio plugs in through an adapter on my logitech z640s. I get sound but no picture, any ideas?

I am pretty sure that won't work. I had to buy a VGA Box myself to do the same thing. You can usually get these from Wal-Mart.

You connect your PS2 to the VGA Box on it's Audio/Video connections, but you will need the correct adapter for your PS2.
Then their is a cable to connect to your video card and you can basically switch between your PC/Console by pressing a button.

It is a pretty nifty little concept but the graphic's dont look so hot. On my VGA Box it looked like I had some sort of interference for some reason.

But, like I said you can find these at Wal-Mart, or even Ebay.

No problem. If you don't find anything, let me know and I will find some links to where you can purchase some VGA boxes.

You probably already have the right PS2 adapter. As long as it isnt the cable adapter. You need the one for the Video/Audio connections (the yellow, red, etc wires). I'm not sure what those are called though. I don't know a whole lot about that kind of thing :p.

I know with my card, I have the old ATI All-in-wonder, and you just hook it up to the inputs and then on my TV I change from tv to inputs, and it comes up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back