HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help thread (Jan-Mar 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Please post all your inquiries regarding Dell laptop passwords here.
Any other posts made outside of this thread may get deleted or merged here.

Bios password dell latitude d520

Hey all,
have a dell latitude d520 and i need the bios password
the service tag is 8p3lc2j
service code express 189-319-473-55
please help!

Can't get passed the bios password, tried all the ones I usually use and variations thereof..no luck.

Its a Dell Inspiron 700m
Service Tag: 82PBB71
Express: 17577709165

This model seems to be an odd one since I've found nothing specific in the way of a procedure to reset the bios password.

Hopefully one of you will have a solution.

yes, if you tried to generate password as D35B or 595B, it should not work.
for inspiron 700m password generated by another way.
Ask dell :)
DayTrader said:
Can't get passed the bios password, tried all the ones I usually use and variations thereof..no luck.

Its a Dell Inspiron 700m
Service Tag: 82PBB71
Express: 17577709165

This model seems to be an odd one since I've found nothing specific in the way of a procedure to reset the bios password.

Hopefully one of you will have a solution.

Help

Please help me! I have succeded in bypassing the admistrator/user password. Now the harddrive is asking for a password. Soes anyone in here know how i can either regenerate a new service tag number or get past the hardrive password. Please help. Thanks

Dell Inspiron 700m eeprom

Did call Dell about this. Will cost me $100+ that I don't have handy. Besides, this is a good challenge and I believe there's a solution (with a little help...I'm no electrical engineer, just persistent)

I took the laptop apart in search of a programmable ROM for the bios. Did a Google search on the chips that weren't obviously power related (resisters, caps, etc).

I found the ATMEL TINY12, its an eeprom located next to the CMOS battery. I felt pretty sure this was it (can't post link to ATMEL's PDF because I'm too new, I'll post the link in a different post)..

There are instructions on how to reset the chip but want some reassurance before I do that. I mean, what exactly would be reset? Just the user data or everything?

I'm hoping to crack this one, from all my research I've learned that the 700m is a bear and nobody has defeated it yet. I've called 5 businesses on the phone that do bios resets on laptops..they are very vague about it. Since its difficult its getting ignored for easier problems. I probably would too, but I'm not ready to quit.

Anything you can offer is appreciated,
DT

jhallene, it is as I said. changing the service tag ( or re-enter it ) will not remove the hdd password. download the dst cd and try it....

Dell Latitude D620 Password

This computer system FG1C2C1-595B,is protected by a password authentication system who can help with this?

Go to the search function on this forum and enter Dell D620... there have been large numbers of posts on this problem area.

just looked to ebay: link removed
they claim "any dell" and "all dell" can be unlocked below $100. I dont know what is the business you are called.
DayTrader said:
Did call Dell about this. Will cost me $100+ that I don't have handy. Besides, this is a good challenge and I believe there's a solution (with a little help...I'm no electrical engineer, just persistent)

I took the laptop apart in search of a programmable ROM for the bios. Did a Google search on the chips that weren't obviously power related (resisters, caps, etc).

I found the ATMEL TINY12, its an eeprom located next to the CMOS battery. I felt pretty sure this was it (can't post link to ATMEL's PDF because I'm too new, I'll post the link in a different post)..

There are instructions on how to reset the chip but want some reassurance before I do that. I mean, what exactly would be reset? Just the user data or everything?

I'm hoping to crack this one, from all my research I've learned that the 700m is a bear and nobody has defeated it yet. I've called 5 businesses on the phone that do bios resets on laptops..they are very vague about it. Since its difficult its getting ignored for easier problems. I probably would too, but I'm not ready to quit.

Anything you can offer is appreciated,
DT

hello from belfast folks. im trying to find out how to unlock my dell latitude D620!!! ive bought a new hdd thinking that this would work but it seems to have made it worse. when i start it up its just going to a grey screen. can anyone help me??
its service tag is HZW6H2J
thanking you

why don't you ask your "boss" for the password? if he can't tell you then he sold you a $500 doorstop. give it back to him and get your money back.
well razik... somehow I knew that not all money spent on passwords is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back