HP Deskjet 692C Printer Not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Deskjet 692C printer that had been working proplerly; i.e., prints in color, prints double-sided if selected, etc. I recently upgraded to Windows XP Home. Now, the printer will not print colors, and refuses to let me select double-sided printing and a lot of other features it used to have. I went to the HP Website and requested the latest driver. Was told that XP has the correct driver. I loaded and installed that driver and still have the same problem. I have been unable to find a capability to contact HP to find a solution. They don't seem to offer such an option and only provide on-line help and FAqs, neither of which had solutions to my problem.

I just had a look ath HP's site and i see what you mean. Quit a few companies are guilty of not providing proper support for their older products even though the produtcs themselves are still in good working order.

I Assume you have tried the usual configuration settings by going to start> printers and faxes> right click on the printer icon and selecting preferencies and see what configuration options are available? try selecting properties as well and see what you can configure from there.

other than that it seems that hp have withdrawn support.
You are not on your own i have a perfectly good 3820 and they wont be supporting windows XP pro x64 or vista.

hope you have luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back