HP Laserjet 1010: Output is Smudged and messy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmodaii

Hello, I have recently had to replug in my HP Laserjet 1010 printer for work however when I try to print a page the output is messy and blurry as well as smudged. There are vertical smudge lines at specific intervals and this leads me to think that there may be a problem with the actual Ribbon inside. Is there any safe way i can clean the printer so it prints clearly again?

The printer was stored away for a year or so and I'm thinking some of the ink must have dried on the roller or something.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thats a laser jet printer, it has a toner cartridge inside not a ribbon. You probably need to try another cartridge, or install a maintenance kit with fuser, new rollers etc. You could try a can of compressed air to blow out the insides though, may help some.

Some printers have a maintenance option to 'Clean the Cartridge' which might be the easiest thing to try first, if you find it in the test and maintenance options for your printer.

It would probably be better to use a light duty vacuum to clean excess toner from the insides of a laser printer than to blow it out. You'll just force toner powder where it shouldn't be. To add to what halo71 said, I would suggest cleaning the corona wires too. Be gentle with them, however. A new toner cartridge and/or fuser kit is a good suggestion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back