HP notebook troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Ok so I buy this notebook from this stupid tweeker girl so that she can pay her rent (HA HA) we all know this is not true, but she went in and did something to the computer and I have no recovery discs, can someone help me on being able to do a destructive recovery?

You were too busy telling us about this girl and forgot to say what the problem is.

I agree with Nodsu, but we can begin to assume.

Im guessing something is wrong with the OS as you need to do a recovery. I also assume there are no hardware faults. You should be able to find an operating system such as XP or Vista, you can choose depending on your specifications. You will also need to obtain the drivers for your particular model which can be done by a quick google search.

Thats all we can really help with until you give us more info. There also may not be a need to do a recovery as it could be solved.

Computer Problems

OK, So I won't tell you anymore about the girl, here is my problem., there are no audio drivers, sound card, cannot play a dvd, There are no programs such as word, excel, nothing. So she went in an did something, now there is just a black screen with a blinking cursor, Did it crash and should I just throw it back at her?

In my opinion, go back to her and try and reverse the deal you have made, even if you take back a little less you may be better off than trying to fix problems that you dont know exist.

If you have this black screen, there could potentially be more problems. Depending on your computer saavy skills it could be an easy fix, or may require professional help. I would not attempt any fix unless you are confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back