HP nx9420 power on password

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i forgot the power on password of my hp nx9420. some one help me out by showing which chip to shotcircut on the board to kill the password please help .thankx

there's no chip on the MB, for "shorting method". but there's way to erase the password on this laptop, similar to dell master password.

lamo please be straight and tell me that way of killing the password. ma laptop seems to be useless without the power on password.hp nx9420

for all "new" HP's notebooks, there's way to erase passwords, similar to dell master password. whne you see the password screen, there's must be some symbols near the input field. tell me those symbols.

same problem here,
removal of the RTC battery (even for some day) did not help

at boot, after the HP splash screen, i have a blue window wich requires the power on password, the symbol is an horizontal key

stadio, so there's no way to generate master password for it. you should reflash bios with external programmator.

Hi

See that you have been in a forum regarding this problem. I have tryed på delete password by doing what the the hp manual says that you have to do - simply taking out the RTC battery - but, this does not do the trick....
HP support say i will have to get a new cpu - i dont belive them - have you got any tip on how to work around this problem?

In advance - thank you

Adrian

lamo said:
for all "new" HP's notebooks, there's way to erase passwords, similar to dell master password. whne you see the password screen, there's must be some symbols near the input field. tell me those symbols.
Hi

See that you have been in a forum regarding this problem. I have tryed på delete password by doing what the the hp manual says that you have to do - simply taking out the RTC battery - but, this does not do the trick....
HP support say i will have to get a new cpu - i dont belive them - have you got any tip on how to work around this problem?

In advance - thank you

Adrian

Adrian a new CPU does not work. I´m actually trying to acces the BIOS ROM based setup utility to configure my system for a new T2600 yonah, but I cannot access because of the password. I was talking to an HP online chat helper and he told me that is necessary to create a "Master Password" with the HP voice help line. If anyone knows how to create such password please let me know. Thanks.

lamo said:
stadio, so there's no way to generate master password for it. you should reflash bios with external programmator.

hi, finally i have desoldered the bios
can you link me what i need (hardware and software) to reflash it ?

i have also looked for the 24cxxxx eeprom, but there is only one, far from the bios place and really near the network chip, so i suppose is for storing mac address : i am wrong ?

latest question : if i send you the bios chip, can you reflash it for me ?

thank you in advance

ah, FYI i have found a clear cmos spot on the MB : in my case it seems not working, but maybe who has problems with this laptop can give a try (and tell if it works)

asap i post some image of the location on the mb

lamo said:

Not true some ppl generate master PW for hp some one for free other must pay

Some hp use 24cxx or flash 25pl

1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.
2. Repeat step 1 two more times.
After the third entry of the incorrect password, the computer
responds with a “System Disabled” message and provides an
override password.Or some number After that dont shut down pc give the override password to some one calculat master pw

The guy spunlock can calculate master pw

Traud said:
1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.
2. Repeat step 1 two more times.
After the third entry of the incorrect password, the computer
responds with a “System Disabled” message and provides an
override password.Or some number After that dont shut down pc give the override password to some one calculat master pw

The guy spunlock can calculate master pw

my nx9420 simply locks after three wrong passwords
no prompts, no codes, no messages
also hitting F11 (or F12, i don't remember) does not prompt for a master PW

stadio said:
my nx9420 simply locks after three wrong passwords
no prompts, no codes, no messages
also hitting F11 (or F12, i don't remember) does not prompt for a master PW

Your laptop must be unlocked in workshop benchmark , go for someone experienced with laptop unlocking - unlock it for experience person is no problem . I can help but probably you are too far from me so look for someone in your country .

Hello for all community and......

Hi, it´s my first message and I want say hello for all community. The 2ª thing is I´m living in Spain and maybe mine english isn´t so good, sorry.
Ok, I have the same problem with mine laptop HP nx9420, I see the AT24C256, but I don´t have more information, anybody have fix the problem with this mobo?
Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back