HP Offers Up Compaq X Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Starting at at $1,599, the new Compaq X gaming PC has been announced as available for purchase.

Why the high price? Well, this little devil comes feature packed.

"Gamers can customize their gaming machine with top-of-the-line enthusiast-level components, including an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card, Klipsch ProMedia Ultra THX Certified 5.1 speakers, a double-layer 8X DVD+RW/+R drive, and dual 74GB Western Digital Raptor SATA 10,000RPM hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration."

There will be two versions, one based on AMD and the other on Intel. Available with or without monitor, it can be bought directly from here.

Go on! Max out that credit card just so you can play Doom III !?!

got it up to 4K after customizing. just the box. no way i'd get this over alienware @ the same numbers.

Waste-Of-Money

If you knew enough to appreciate whats actually in it, then you know enough to know its a complete rip off.

Although I am not a big fan of HP/Compaq, I had the chance to use my friends Compaq X during the CPL tourney and it was not that bad. If your not in need of the tech support, I think this system has a lot more bang for its buck than the Alienware (Which I currently own). My alienware system is decent, but my front plastic door broke off after a month of using it and I cant get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back