Hp Pavilion Black Screen, No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys!
I have a problem with my HP Pavilion dv2025nr laptop. It is almost year and a half old and recently I noticed that it wouldn't boot up at all. It has done that before, intermittently, but it would finally boot after 3-4 resets from the power switch, like it needed to get warmed up. After last night, now it seems totally dead. And I take good care of it.

The boot looks like this:
The screen is totally black, fans are on, HDD seems to be on(?), all the indicators on top are on, no beeps occur, HDD indicator blinks 3 times(5-6 times if media present in the DVD drive), DVD-drive spins up (if disc inside).

Here's what I've tried so far:
- connecting to external monitor - no success
- battery check - tried to boot with or without it. no change.
- power supply - strange, but computer turns on by itself when I plug in the charger. I think that's not normal.
- HDD check - HDD works fine, I was able to back it up.
- DVD-drive check - read/write indicator blinks the same way and at the same time with the HDD indicator. If a disc is inserted, the blinks are five or six.

An interesting fact is that the computer behaves the same way with the RAM modules and HDD taken out of it(!!). That freaked me out! Indicators blink he same way, no beeps or noises. Nothing.
I've no idea what the problem is.

I highly appreciate your help and concern!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back