HP Pavillion 8550C Starts but Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMHar

I was brought the above mentioned pc to see if I could fix it. It is running W2000. well when I started it, it swent thru the POST and started booting, but stopped during the boot. I then popped in the Win 2000 cd, turned it off, restarted, and booted from the cd. All was going good until it STOPPED. Monitor went blank, and the cd wasn't being read anymore. I went on and did a few other things around the office while waiting to see if it would finish, but nothing happened. So after about 30 minutes I shut it down, and resigned myself to having to install a new hd, re-install Win2000, and copy the files from the old drive to the new one. Well I try to do just that when I get it home but now the computer won't do ANYTHING! It will power on, but won't load the BIOS nor run the POST. All I get is 2 short beeps. The screen just stays blank. I even tried reinstalling the old hd but the result is the same. That's where I stand now, at the end of my rope. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Let me know if any more info is needed.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The beep codes can have different meanings, depending on what bios it is.

Take a look at this beep code list HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back