HP Printer is printing to light

Status
Not open for further replies.

raebabe

I have an HP OfficeJet G85 that is printing to light. I checked all the settings on the actual printer to include looking for an economy mode or a draft setting (which I couldn't find) and it didn't change.

When I went to the HP site it told me to print a print out of all the colors which I did and to run a cartridge cleaning test which I did as well. There was no more information. The only color that is having issues is black. It barely prints and what does come out is choppy.

Can anyone give me any more ideas?

Are you able to pinpoint or narrow down any specific times when you get the BSOD’s?
So the black is the only color that is coming out lightly when you try to print in color or gray scale? If this is the case it sounds like you may be running low on black ink. Have you looked at the cartridge(s) to see if they are in fact low or empty?

I wasn't quite specific enough.

I changed the cartridge this morning and got the same results. The color works fine. It's just the black that is acting up.

I had him print a document in grey scale and he told me that it does the same thing.

Also, this is going to sound naive but what are BSOD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back