HP recovery discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I have rescued some HP recovery discs (DVD and CD) from being thrown out at my employer. They used to employ a PC tech but no longer do this and don't want the discs. I need to know if there is any way of finding out what models these discs are for. They have what appear to be part numbers on them (i.e. HP5013-3951) but typing those numbers into search on HP website or even google comes up with nothing.
I have 9 different sets of discs and could help people who need them if I could find out what machines they work on. I do know that the disc checks what PC it is being run on as a friend wanted to recover a HP and we tried every disc I have but it said "Disc not for this machine" on boot up.

Any ideas please???

Ian.

The CDs are geared towards a specific setup on each system. Motherboard, drivers etc. If its not ment for your particular system its not going to work.

Usually the model of the system that is support is printed on the cover of the CD.

Have you contacted HP and asked them?

smore9648 said:
The CDs are geared towards a specific setup on each system. Motherboard, drivers etc. If its not ment for your particular system its not going to work.

Usually the model of the system that is support is printed on the cover of the CD.

Have you contacted HP and asked them?

Yes I know they are for specific model(s) and its that I need to know.
There is no model printed on the labels probably because HP don't supply them with PC's (they have recovery partitions), these are supplied to repair technicians I assume. I can't see anywhere on their site where I could ask this question and I'm not sure how they would view a non-tech person having them. I would just like to know what models they are for so that if anyone needed them I would know if I could help or not!!

Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back