HP "Runner File" error for "HP Updates."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue Club 2

Does anybody know why I keep getting this error message whenever I turn on my computer:

Runner file name (Updates from H.P. exe) lacks a " (the app id, separator)

I cannot receive any HP Updates while this error is active.

error, runner file name

I am getting the same error. Every time i start my computer up i get an error message
runner file name(updates from hp.exe)lacks '-' (the app id separator)
and i am no longer getting hp updates.
HELP

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You could always stop the updates from running on startup.

Click start/run and type msconfig into the runbox and press the return key.

Click on the startup tab and untick the hp updates(if there). Click apply/ok and reboot your computer. Once your computer has rebooted, you will see a screen that says "you have used msconfig to make changes etc" Tick the box that says not to run msconfig the next time the computer starts.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for your reply...I gained ten pounds waiting for someone to answer me...But better late than never, as they say!

Cue Club 2 said:
Thanks for your reply...I gained ten pounds waiting for someone to answer me...But better late than never, as they say!

But for Blossom posting in this thread, I`d never have known it existed lol.

Sorry you had to wait so long.

Regards Howard :)

Runner File Error

Thank you Howard, I will try that. I have always received HP updates until this error message started popping up. Will it effect my PC if I no longer receive HP updates?
Thank you :)

blossom said:
Thank you Howard, I will try that. I have always received HP updates until this error message started popping up. Will it effect my PC if I no longer receive HP updates?
Thank you :)

No it won`t affect your pc. You will still be able to get the updates, by going to the HP website and downloading them manually. You`ll just have to check the site from time to time.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back