Hp side panel fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh33

hi am looking to put a side panel fan on my hp 8034n media center pc just put in an bfg 8600gt oc i dont have any room in front to put an intake fan i have a 92mm fan exausting out in back wouldn't a side panel fan blowing in across the pci slots and cpu area cause a swirling effect or would tha be ok like i said i dont have any room in front to put an intake fan help.

I recently bought some fans and one of them has been very handy. You can mount it just about anywhere, then move it to another area if you want. The fan is an Ultra "spot fan". I have mine mounted on the motherboard and it's blowing directly on the southbridge and also is catching the ram modules. It costs $17.99 and has 3 speeds. My motherboard temps dropped quite a bit. Right now my machine is warmed up and the board temp is 34 C. (93.2F).

Had the same problem when I put an XFX 8800GTX in my system. I had an extra pci slot (and some extra space), so I purchased a pci fan. It's mounted below the 8800 GTX with a 120 mm fan (exhaust) on the back panel. Cut my temps 8-10 degrees celcius.

fans

i was doing some editing today with my nero and i noticed my cpuz program was reading 63 to 64degrees c. dont know how to post pics some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back