I can`t play Battle Field 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickkaibel

so im trying to play battle field 2 but i cant. it instals and everything but then i click to open it but nothing happens.? whats wrong y cant i play it.

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

You need the #1 CD in one of your optical drives first. If that's alredy done, try installing the patches. If that doesn't work, list your system specifications so we can see what might be wrong.

the patches? ive installed everything i can. so i'll send my system stuff. i got 502mb ram directX 9.0 intel(r) 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset 128mb of memory plug n play monitor i dont have agp texture acceleration hough is that it? but when i got to system requirments for the game on easy info button it sayd i have everything and a checkmark by it, except for about 3 things they have an (I) or (i) thing instead of checkmark. so does this help u to help me?

Sorry to break it to ya friend, u will need a real video card to play BF2. Be prepared to spend at least USD 100-150 on a new video card. That Intel Express is onboard video which is plain rubbish for any game out there(except DOS ones ;)). Get me more info on ur processor and I'll see if I can help ya out.

As stated you need a better graphic card. The integrated chip does not meet the requirements. You really could also use more RAM and 512 is barely enough to run the game.

What we need it
A. Your available slots
B. Your budget

my processor is an Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) other than that i dont waht else to tell u guys. i guess i'll have to get a new graphic card. and how do i get more mb of ram?

U have to buy one or more sticks of RAM, depending on how many slots u have free on ur motherboard. As for a video card, a GeForce 6600GT is not too expensive and will run BF2 comfortably well. That processor is enough for most games and stuff.
Also, get SIW from here and use the motherboard tab to tell me how many and what kinds of system slots u have.

thanks u guys u been real a big help. that SIW thing is really cool also. well im jsut gonna buy a new graphic card and another stick or ram. it says i have 2 slots open too.

Im glad we could help.

If you need any help picking either the RAM or the Graphics card, or both, I am sure I and the other members would gladly help.

Best

Sean

Does it say anything about an AGP slot or a PCi Express slot? If not, ur gonna have to buy a PCi graphics card. Only one I know of can run BF2, and that's the PCi GeForce 6200 made by 3DFuzion. Check it out here. It's pretty pricey though, so be prepared to pay big bucks for it. Otherwise, u will need a mobo upgrade for a better graphics card.

nickkaibel said:
its a PCi i was thinking about getting a geforce but its gonna be the 7900.

The 7900 is PCI-Express not PCI. PCI is an old bus and the best card it seems you can get is the 5700 or maybe the x1300 by ATI, just make sure the card is PCI.

Since your goal is to play BF2, I think your system will struggle to play it even with the best PCI graphics card available. They are just not very suitable for most current high demand games.

i dont think i'll struggle becasue my frined gots a comp a little older than mine and he bought a new video card and his works jsut fine.

It isn't about how old a PC is, it depends on the slot type. Ur friend might have an AGP slot, u probably have PCI. AGP is much more faster than PCI, so an AGP graphics card can easily beat a PCI one at rendering games and the like. I repeat my question: What type of slots does ur PC have, according to SIW/Everest?

ok what exactly do click to fina out. i open the siw then what do i go to find it. my friend has agp and pci slots

Click the System Slots option in the left pane. That'll show u how many slots u have, and what type they are.

Aha I think u have a PCI-Express x1 slot and most likely an x16 slot too. If so, ur in luck, there is a wide range of powerful cards available for that bus.
We'll need confirmation from another member though, I'm not too sure about the x16 part.

Download CPU-Z https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html
Extract all the files

run cpuz.exe

Once the program has started Click on <Mainboard> TAB

Under "Graphic Interface"

Tell us what it has in "Version" box

Then tell us what's in "Link Width" and "Max Supported" boxes

Then we can determine what type of card is compatible with your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back