I can't get past the POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, my computer will no longer get past the POST. When I start my computer up, the fans come on, I have two lights come on on my motherboard (a red and a green one), my front-panel LED's come on and everything is just like normal except there is no beep. Nothing further comes actually, no screen signal no nothing, I know the computer isn't just advancing past that because my mouse/keyboard don't light up either. This problem just came up out of the blue, I switched it off as normal at night, woke up in the morning to switch it on, and i'm stuck where I am now.

What do you think the deffective part is here? I've removed pretty much everything but the bare essentials for the PC to POST but still no luck. (Correct me if i'm wrong, but you only need your Mobo, CPU, PSU and a stick of RAM to POST?)

Specs:
Abit NF7 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP3000+ CPU
1GB (2x 512MB, Dual Channel) Corsair TwinX CL2 400mhz RAM
Geforce 6800 128mb (AGP8x) Graphics card
Antec 380w PSU (I checked on a website that my calculated required wattage for my machine should be 250w)

I think that's all, if you need any more information just ask, thanks for any help!

You are correct in you assumption of what you need to make a computer post.

Check your psu as per this thread HERE. If that doesn`t help, try another psu. If it`s still no go, then probably your mobo has died.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the reply.

I had thought the PSU was ok and that link backs that up, so i'm going to buy a new Mobo/CPU and see how it goes, they needed an upgrade anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back