I can't hear anything and I've tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

athlete18

Hi I'm having trouble with a dell precision workstation 360 on board sound card. I went to the device manager and it has an exclamation point next to sound device named "multimedia audio controller", what the heck is that!? There seem to be no drivers for it, so I went to the dell site, they didn't work I just keep getting the message "driver not found, reboot and try this setup again". I can't see what type of mobo it is because there are no labels on it. I have winxp pro on my computer. I don't have the CD it came with because it's a work computer and they lost it or just didn't get it. Please I need lots of help, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What OS are you running?

If XP, maybe you`ll find the sound drivers via Windows updates.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yes I've tried both drivers at the dell site and neither of them worked they both said the same thing when running the setup.exe file, I am currently running windows xp pro and I just went to the dell site to see my system config. but they didn't tell me what type of mobo I have, how do I find this out?

Did you try Howard's suggestion? Run "Windows Update" and see if Microsoft has a driver for you there.

It wouldn't be in the "critical updates" section.

When you start the "Windows Update", don't select the "express" option, instead select "custom" and it will list hardware updates there for you.

well I updated and still nothing, I even tried to download the programs from howard for my system info. but something went wrong. I need to find out what type of motherboard I have.

okay I loaded SIW and found the mother board info. this is what I found

Manufacturer Dell Computer Corp.
Model 0W2563
Serial Number ..CN481113CQ01QH.

Chipset Vendor Intel Corporation
Chipset Model 82875P,E7210 Memory Controller Hub
North Bridge Intel 875P
South Bridge 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface Bridge
SMBus Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller @EFE0

the motherboard info says that the AC'97 audio controller is disabled in the SIW that I loaded, is this because of the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back