I can't play dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tes_nimrod

I CAN'T PLAY DVD's!!!

I am unable to play DVDs on my computer. A message in my InterActual player says:

"The DVD navigator was not detected. If you don't have one installed, you will need to upgrade your system. Otherwise, try to reinstall your DVD Navigator."

What the heck happened to my navigator?! I used to watch movies on my computer all the time. Know how to reinstall my DVD navigator? If not, WHAT DO?!

HELP ME!!!!

Uninstall and reinstall your DVD playing software.

You could have a corrupted .dll, or something else you have installed has overwritten some newer .dll with an earlier one. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that fixes it.

Also, have you tried more than one DVD disc in your drive to test?

Sounds more like a software fault to me, though.

None of my DVD programs are working, so it's not just the Interactual Player. My "navigator" isn't detected. My WinCD just does nothing. Same with Media Player.

I STILL NEED HELP!

Have you recently installed any CD Writing software?

Have you recently installed ANY software?

Can you write CDs OK?

If you can get ahold of Power DVD it is a nice program. I would suggest giving it a try if possible. Since you said no other DVD programs are working it may not also but it's worth a try.

Phantasm, I can write CDs just fine with my CD writer, but it's my DVD drive that's in question. Acidosmosis, it's not the software. It's a driver or something for my drive. I contacted Compaq, and all they did was give me the newer version of WinDVD, which did absolutely nothing. It's not my programs!

Check the data cable for it, i had a weird problem like this, where my computer could read the dvd, as in it could see the data, but couldn't play it in any software. I gave the cables a good push into the slots and it worked. Its worth a try anyway

Originally posted by tes_nimrod
Phantasm, I can write CDs just fine with my CD writer, but it's my DVD drive that's in question.

Yes, I am aware of that, on account of the fact that I can read.

That main reason I was asking was that I wondered if you had an ASPI problem which would effect both CD Writing and DVD Playing.

Seeing as you have said no, then that's not likely.

The DVD navigator was not detected.

Customer was getting this message and tried all of the above. He had installed WinXP and was using the video driver that came with that. Installed the video driver from Dell and am having no more trouble playing DVD. {Inspiron 5100}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back