I can't read path & file detail in HijackThis report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

I cannot see the right hand end of the line on long path / file entries on the HijackThis report screen. I am running Win 98 & the display sreen area is set to 800 x 600 pixels in Control Panel , Display , Screen Settings.
I can't see any way of scrolling to the right. Does anyone know how I might resolve this problem?

There should be a slider bar(grey) at the bottom of your screen.
Or open the file in Notepad and click on Format/Word Wrap.

Pstores.exe & Oseenus/saos01

Thanks for that - now I can see to the end of each line in the notepad.
I notice in the log viewed with notepad that under Running Proceses C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES is shown but I cannot see this in the actual HijackThis scan window.
I am suspicious of R1 HKCU\software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main,SearchBar=http://g.msn.com/OSEENUS/SAOS01
Internet Explorer seems to stick when loading - I do Ctrl Alt Del & se IE as (not responding)
Also on dektop double clicking "my computer" gets no response -I have to click on "Network Neighbourhood" & go up the path to folder above, then I can access "My computer" & ge to C: control panel etc. This resolved on re-booting although a couple of error messages showed before shutdown - one relating to Internet Explorer performing illegal function & the otherDap help. I used file finder & deleted the two dap related files found.
Please find HijackThis log file attached as a .txt

STOP using that bleedin' Internet Explorer!

Your version of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE is a safe one.
The R1 g.msn.com is OK, but we'll clean it up for you.

Boot in Safe Mode, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
FmLfns.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FmLfns] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\FmLfns.exe -l
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold file.
Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties, click on Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal.

Goodbye ensanguined Internet Explorer

Thanks for your help with cleaning up & using HJT
I have a new PC & am looking forward to getting going with XP. I will be using Mozilla Firefox & hope to switch to Thunderbird for email - no doubt lots of questions to post elsewhere re. that !
I am following the advice in topic 31474 edited by Spike "Prevent infections by making windows more secure..." on the new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back