i cant see my ps3 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

today i bought an HDMI to DVI cable from my local computer store for my ps3. They told me that everything should work fine, but..

i plugged the HDMI end into my ps3 then plugged the dvi end into my monitor and when i turn them both on i get a message saying "Cannot display this type of video" something along the lines of that anyway. its not saying no signal or anything and the ligh goes from orange to green so it knows there is something there,

i reset the video settings on my ps3 by holding down the power button and it still does this :(

does anyone know what the problem is i really want to play it on my monitor.

i have a Dell 17 inch 1704FPT

*i have DVI ports on my gpu if i can do anything with that, im unsure just wondering,

thanks

It's another form of content protection: HDCP. In other words, I believe your monitor has to be DHCP compliant to be connected to the PS3 via the HDMI connection, otherwise you would have to use component or s-video.

"2.Digital Input: Cannot Display This Video Mode"
This is what comes up, and this is what my dell help disc says

"This means that the monitor cannot synchronize with the signal that it is receiving from the computer. Either the signal is too high or too low for the monitor to use. See Monitor Specifications for the Horizontal and Vertical frequency ranges addressable by this monitor. Recommended mode is 1280 X 1024 @ 60Hz. Occasionally, no warning message appears, but the screen is blank...this could also indicate that the monitor is not synchronizing with the computer or the monitor is in a power save mode."

The Lady at dell i spoke to told me absolutly nothing of help and the guy at sony said that he thinks everything should be in working order and DHCP stuff could be an issue

just found a forum some guy had the same problem pretty much with the same monitor and some guy said that the monitor isnt hdcp compliant, so, what a waste of time and money, new monitor for me :(

is there anyway possible to get around it?

yeah, i found another adaptor thing like that, that you can get in Australia but its like $280 Australian, so im thinking i may as well just get a new monitor, thanks for your help anyway Didou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back