I could use some help with Installshield

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloman

i am trying to install drivers for a windows 95 GC on my PC with XP, but at the very begining it pops up :installation support file C:\directory\isrt.dll could not be installed. acess is denied.

Im pretty sure it should should work it did on my bros Laptop, It seems this happens to A LOT of people, I already have put the GC in my Computer, and am using it but it will not work with many games without drivers. HELP GREATLY Apreciated.

i am trying to install drivers for a windows 95 GC on my PC with XP
I'm a little confused too.

Are you installing Windows 95 drivers on an Xp machine
Are you installing Windows 95 drivers on a 95 machine
Are you installing Windows Xp drivers on a Xp machine

Other than answering the above, you will need to supply all your System Specs (including Windows version) and ideally, don't post them here, but manually type them in to your PROFILE (scroll down that page to view where to write them in)

Still waiting on the system specs and hopefully you updating your profile (as asked above)
And "GC" what is that exactly?

I feel like Homer Simpson, when he's asking what the letters VIP stand for, but he asks one question for each letter. So this may take a while until I work out what you actually want. The more information the better here, I feel.

Please re-confirm your Specs are in your Profile, as I can't see them
Also if this is an addon card, please give those details too.

they are but ill relist them.

Compaq Presario S4300CL w/XP home edition

motherboard:ASUS P4G533-LA with Intel Pentium 4 2.5 GHz processor

memory:512 MB (DDR SDRAM)

video card:im trying to get PNY TNT2M6432SPCI card working

Sound Card/monitor speakers

hard drive(s) 120 gbs. DMA/ATA-33 (Ultra)

CD, Floppy, DVD USB 2.0 drives

need anything else just ask, im still really desperate

we have no internet on the pc im trying to get working, im using bros computer.

by the way, any idea how to fix this?

I have verizon access manager instaled on my PC used for Pantech USB modem...

'The modem is installed, when i load the manager it doesn't detect the modem. if you need a picture of the modem or anything just say so...

I have fine USB 2.0 Ports, windos XP and a computer thats really confusing me...

lol

didnt even know a 32 meg vid card was still in existance. what ur trying to do is install a card on an xp machine. the problem is the card is so old its excedding xp's "backwards compatability"

the other problem iv found in my history is that a compaq, especially one that old, is very stubborn in only accepting compaq specific parts, although i never tryed with a vid card.

i don't think thats the problem...install shield does this with EVERYTHING i try to install...for example, I can't install Sims Deluxe on my PC for that reason.

now about compaq being stubborn, you are probably right there. Let me guess: I would have to get a new CPU to fix that?

If thats true, Im getting an ULTIMATE cypberpower PC

Let me guess: I would have to get a new CPU to fix that?
lol, no, its not that easy. the entire board is compaq propriatary, (i know i didnt spell that right). did you try what i said anyway, because install shield is TOTALLY different then the windows hardware detection wizard. if you uninstall, (not just disable, like u have already done) then restart, it will force windows to redetect the hardware and search for drivers for it. but i think u should instead open the side of the case and find the boards model number written in white letters. use a flashlight, then post it here, and ill look it up and find the appropriate drives.

the number usually starts with the main chip catagory, like p4, or p3, but is NOT limited to just that. its always a few letters and multiple numbers.

allmightypuff said:
lol, but i think u should instead open the side of the case and find the boards model number written in white letters. use a flashlight, then post it here, and ill look it up and find the appropriate drives.

the number usually starts with the main chip catagory, like p4, or p3, but is NOT limited to just that. its always a few letters and multiple numbers.

so i need to post the graphics card model number?

Um it's been 9 days, and your user profile is still not updated (or enabled)
Your user profile can include your graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back