I do not understand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haretto

Alright, I am not a big time computer guy, but I need help.

I have a Radeon 9800pro 256mb, and i went to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx and my computer scored a top 4% of all systems scanned, I even beat my friends who have 6800GTs.

Then I got 3DMark05, ran it and i got a 2424... I was like what the, I think I should get ATLEAST a 3000+ mark. I ran it an hour later and got 2498, then again and got a 2478 and 2465. My friend told me to clean alot of things out using Crap Cleaner, I went from having 11.10GB used on my drive to 8.0, but using Marks I got my lowest score yet of 2422.

I just dont understand why my card is giving me such low scores, when in everythin else it does grand in. Any ideas?

Edit: I am pretty sure all my drives are updated.

Does it run games ok?

Maybe an agp setting in the bios is wrong?

You don't have spyware or a virus possibly?

I run BF2 on medium without any lag, and on High with a bit of stutter every 9 secondsor so.. but I have no spyware or viruses, not in like 6 months. WoW I played with everything on High but the sight distance, no lag at all.

Thats why I expected "as other people did" id get ATLEAST 3000+ or 3500. I did a clean boot with everything turned off, still got a low mark of 24XX.

Oh, just thought of something. My 6600gt has two modes, 2d and 3d, with different core clocks(300 2d, 500 3d), it switches when it starts a game, etc. Once, it got "stuck" in 2d mode, I ran a benchmark of aq3 and got 35,000, and I normally get 50,000+. It was strange, but shortly thereafter started working right again. No idea what caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back