I don't know why a certain folder loads on startup. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

The folder C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI always opens on startup with my PC and I have no idea why. It only started recently. Has anyone had a similar experience or can help please?

Thanks for the replies, Peddant.

Thanks for the replies Peddant. A great help as usual. Will look into msconfig for ATI related folder. If I have any problems i can always use System Restore, can't I? I also have CCLeaner so will look out for the option. I would prefer it if Trend gave me the option because of it's added functionality as antispyware but beggars can't be choosers, can they?:)

If I have any problems i can always use System Restore, can't I?
It would a shame to restore the whole system just because of one intsy wintsy start up key.
If you use Hibernate or Stand-by,instead of Shutdown,you won`t have to see that folder ever again.:)

I also have CCLeaner so will look out for the option.
It`s in the Advanced options,and is not checked by default.

I would prefer it if Trend gave me the option because of it's added functionality as antispyware
I doubt whether it will give you the option.

Continuing On...

I have now found the option in Trend via trial and error. It was nothing to do with Cache, History or Auto-complete data. It was the option Start Menu Order under Windows in Cleanup that allowed me to keep my customised order.
However, on the topic of the folder opening what do you mean by stopping the folder via hibernate or standby? Thanks again.

torrenter said:
However, on the topic of the folder opening what do you mean by stopping the folder via hibernate or standby? Thanks again.
Just my little joke.The idea being,that when you Hibernate or Stand -by the computer,
Windows doesn`t run any start up items when you wake it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back