I Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher2006

hi, i bought a 80g hard drive for my pc and i hadn't really installed one before, i was scared bout the static my m8 just said mate shove it in, and i connected the IDE cable to and and i put the jumper to the far left slot which i thort was the master, and when i installed XP it registered as the I: and i thort it was supposed to be C: i have been into admin controls and it says i cannot rename the drive, is there anything i have done wrong..it doesnt bother me really i will change on next format i do, but sometimes programs automatically say C when they trying to install and i forget to say its the I: which is quite annoying

There is no way to change the drive letter of the boot volume after installing an OS, but if you're willing to fresh install, here are a few tips:

Make sure that when installing the OS, only have the drives you need to have to install. (I.E. The CD Drive, Floppy Drive, and the HDD, you don't need a memory card reader or a USB Flash Drive to install Wondows)

Hope this helps!

i didnt know i installed them, i just follow what it says, could it merely be, that i have put the jumper in the wrong place?

I doubt it's a jumper problem. Like I said, if you're willing to fresh install, then do so with only the CD Drive and HDD in place, all other perepherals and devices disconnected.

It should make it drive C this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back