I E 7 anyone experiencing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaser261

I recently downloaded IE7 after reading about it's arrival in the Techspot newsletter( great reads by the way). I love the feel and look, and tabbed browsing is cool. I thought it was a keeper. But several days later, I noticed other programs, on my pc, started " Not Responding". Not all programs, but my most used. I tried several fixes, basic stuff, to no avail. I tried spyware checkers and removers, but they all froze half way through their job. So today I rolled back to a new restore point and all is great, just no new browser. Anybody else having trouble?

I have IE7 in my mom's partition, and works OK.
But if you want a new, better browser, check out Firefox 2.0 :)
It's great and safer than IE7!

Regards :wave:

IE7 Problems

I waited until this past Saturday to download and install I.E. 7. I use an hp 1310 PSC and once the Internet Explorer 7 software was installed my "HP Director" no longer worked. This is the application for the HP printer/scanner/copier. I like the software and need it. Installing/uninstalling and even registry cleaning did not work. HP does not have any CURRENT updates for the 1310 series printers. The only course of action was the do a system restore and use I.E. 6

about firefox wolfram, i used to use it but it was taking up between 50 and 200k of ram and I could find no working solution. Has this been fixed / do you know a solution (I preferred it as a browser so I would like to go back to using it)

I don't think it's quite there yet. It has certainly been interesting putting it on my XP computers. One of them will load a certain site's webpage but the other will not - I have no idea why? There must be a setting discrepancy between the two machines that I have missed. It also seems to be slowing things down on both, maybe imagining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back