I erased my Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i accidentaly erased my driver from the windows add erase option, i think its name started with Realtek, the id that windows gives me is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_FF011179&REV_00\3&61AAA01&0&A5

The sound card is the one that came with my laptop when I bought it here is the info ofmy laptop if it can help
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name FDF
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite A75
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA V1.50, 11/16/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.31
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name FDF\Edgar
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 67.15 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.03 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

You may have to fresh install your laptop hard drive. I hope you have backups. I did the same damn thing on my laptop. I was no able to restore the sound drivers. Also I had not installed Norton Goback or XP Backup.

I reinstalled from the laptop CD, deleted the bloat-ware and reinstalled all my programs. I also installed norton go back.

laptops can be a pain to back up because you don't have a second internall hard drive to back up to. I only have a small 10GB external hard drive I use to transfer stuff from one computer to another.

I think a clean reinstall would be the best bet in your case. If you have any personal files you can move off the laptop, do so before reinstalling.

Question.

Does your Laptop boot into windows? If yes continue reading.
Do you have an active internet connection? if yes continue.

Go to manufacturers website and download the drivers...

I would just like to point out that that is incredibly funny stuff. U lost ur driver :haha: :haha:

urbandragon has the right idea. Generally if you type in google the exact name of the driver that was erased there will be a link to download it. If you have the originally installation cd's the computer came with you can install the drivers from there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back