I give up! need sims2 video help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassakwrdz

problem = sections of the game screen are replaced with blue blank area, also the control panel area appears and disappears. This behavior has been constant ever since I built this new system. Started out with Radeon 7200 when I built system, replaced that with an older Radeon 7000 that was used to run the game previosly with no problem, now has problem. Replaced that with Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 256, same problem. Installed new 500 watt Fortron power supply (speedfan showed my voltages were low), same problem. Speedfan shows temps are all fine (38C cpu and 35 HD ) but I have added a fan onto the 9600Pro just in case, and also have added another case fan. Same problem. Have flashed bios and disabled background proccess. System is very stable, quite quick and has no other issues than with sims2. System = Sempron 2200 OEM, Asrock K7S41GX, Seagate 80 gig hd, Radeon 9600 pro, 1 gig pc 2700, XP sp2, DX-9.0c, all newest drivers and updates installed... I give up, any ideas...

Wow.

Sounds to me like you have done just about EVERYTHING you possibly could do. You do not have this problem with any other game/situation? Only in sims2?

Sounds like a sims2 problem to me. Search for one of their official forums and post in there. Maybe some others are having the same problem.

Good luck!

looked all over...

I have been all over looking for clues, Sims2 site sends you to EA, that site is a total joke! All the fan sites I have found are geared to very basic problems. even gigabyte and Asrock sites have nearly no relevent help. :suspiciou

Other...

I am not really a gamer, my wife and daughter are the sims addicts and are very upset with situation. I have loaded and played Commandos3 wich is also a DX9 game and no problem at all...
Current settings are 1024 x 768, 16 bit, @ 85 Htz.

Umm have you got the latest patch off the sims2 site?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, too?
I know from experience that a stuffed up install (even from a finger printed disk) can make the sims2 run really badly.

latest patch

yes I have tried uninstall and reinstall, have installed patch. Yesterday I ran the video settings down to 800 x 600 and lowered some of the details and the game ran for about 20 minutes just fine and then the control panel began disapearing again and the blue blocks came back... I am starting to lean towards northbridge overheating. This motherboard does not have a northbridge fan, just a heatsink with tall fins for passive cooling... anyone know if northbridge could cause this to happen???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back