I got a new browser. Maybe you should check it out.

sw123

Hey guys

I found a new browser called Kopassa, which is pretty good. Try it out. You'll like it because it has tabbed browsing, favorites, everything.(im using it right now)

in ie7? dailup box likes to make itself known (and known alot with many popups), few sites wont work.. just check teh ms support forum for the whole list..

i'll just sit back and wait till vista sp3 comes up before using that thing again... so in other words.. probably never... (but who knows microsoft?)

Yup yup but it is still beta.. i know some sites doesnt work at all or correctly.. but i think its going 2 right direction.. i mean most people dosen't even bother to download it cause its coming from Redmond they just say right away its a piece of junk.. I think its a fast and easy to use. but its just a my opinion :rolleyes:

According to some reports. Kopassa`s download is flagged as a virus by AVG and Avast.

I think it would be better to wait and see, untill more info and feedback is available.

Regards Howard :)

Even though Microsoft can be unreliable, they deemed it "safe" and my virus protection, which is Norton AntiVirus 2005, and I scanned the download file with my protection, turned out ok. Maybe AVG is wrong.

sw123 said:
Even though Microsoft can be unreliable, they deemed it "safe" and my virus protection, which is Norton AntiVirus 2005, and I scanned the download file with my protection, turned out ok. Maybe AVG is wrong.

It`s entirely possible for AVG to have given a false positive.

However, it`s enough for me to be wary for a while.

If you do a thorough Google search for Kopassa, you`ll see what I mean.

Regards Howard :)

OK ill google Kopassa.

I decided its not really great, its really just junk and is no good, im using AOL Explorer(more free stuff from AOL).

Good browsers don't need shameless promotion websites, they get noticed by word of mouth.

Mozilla, Opera, and Firefox are all good examples.

you mean like www.mozilla.com

or www.opera.com

It's not about the website - all underground or lesser known products need promotion. It's pure coincidence (perhaps) that the best products also tend to be the lesser known ones rather than commercial versions. Sometimes, it's just not as simle as looking at a website to know which is which.

umm..IMO..aol explorer, internet explorer, and norton are probably the 3 worst products you can have on your computer. Why don't you just get mozzila or opera like everyone else stated, and download avg and get rid of norton.

Nope. I meant what I said regarding browsers.

And I use norton products with no issues.... of course I use Norton system works 2003 for registry repair. Anything made after 2003 was crap. I also use Norton corporate antivirus which is not a system hog.

Is not posting on a forum about an application a form of "word of mouth"?

Word of mouth is all well and good when people already know the product, but for new products, for word of mouth to spread, it requires a base of people to find out about it first, for which a website is useful. A bit like the whole "get firefox" campagn.

And I know you think that the mozilla suite is better, but tht's besisdes the point - you yourself have mentioned firefox as a good application, and yet it needed a shameless website to become popular.

As I said, sometimes it's hard to differentiate between the good and the bad, especially for inexperienced end users.

...and while we are all well aware by now of your opinion of symantecs Norton Corporate, and the pre-2003 thing, I'm not even going to go there as it's completely off-topic.

Tedster said:
I also use Norton corporate antivirus which is not a system hog.

Norton antivirus 2005 it is a real system hog :mad:

twite said:
umm..IMO..aol explorer, internet explorer, and norton are probably the 3 worst products you can have on your computer

"They say that if the Windows CD is played backwards, it has hidden satanic messages.
What's worse, if it's played forwards, it installs Windows" :D

As much as I find the windows played backwards quite amusing, it's still off-topic. As much as I don't want to, if I see another off-topic post here after this, I'm going to have to (reluctantly) delete any post that doesn't add something on-topic and lock the thread.

Just to mention off-topic for the fifth time in the hope that someone will notice, please don't continue to post off-topic (especially after being asked to avoid posting off-topic). :)

Seriously though, straying too far from the subject of a thread makes it meaningless and prevents any further discussion.

Back