I got a problem with my audio here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catherine

hey ppl.. it is pretty weird.. this morning when i switched my Pc on i wasnt able to hear any sound.. i played my winamp and i tired to plug out the audio jack and inserted it again. what happened was i heard the sound of a second and then suddenly the speakers became silent.. i repeat it and i got the same result..

i tired using my headphones and another set of speakers.. the results is the same.. i hear the sound for a second and then nothing...

i reinstalled the audio drivers still it isnt wokring.. both my speakers and headpones are working fine as i used them on my friend's Pc.

Need help.. REspond me..!!

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

What soundcard do you have?

Check in your device manager for any yellow exclamation, or question marks next to your audio devices.

If you are using onboard sound, it is possible that the sound chip has gone bad.

Can you try a different soundcard?

Regards Howard :) :)

no exclamtion marks in yellow device manager says everything is working fine.

i am using real Tex'97.. my mother board is Asus Pag4 mx..

what will we do if the sound chip has got the problem.. replace the entire motherboard??

If the sound chip has indeed gone bad, there`s no need to replace the mobo.

Just purchase a separate soundcard. This will fit into one of your pci slots.

Once you`ve got this, you will need to go into your bios and disable the onboard sound, to prevent any conflicts with the new soundcard.

Regards Howard :) :)

hey but if it is prob with the chip then why is that i hear sound the moment i insert the audio jack into the audio port ?? what suprises me is that the sound wont last for a sec and the speakers become silent.. weird

The only other thing I can think of is, it`s the actual audio socket itself.

Have you tried wiggling the plug while the speakers are connected?

Regards Howard :)

Catherine-
CHeck all the various volume controls and make sure none are turned down or muted, There is the standard windows control, your realtek mixer volume control and possibly a keyboard volume/mute switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back