I got sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I was on my computer listening to music and then out of no where my computer went blank for a few seconds then when it came back on my sound wouldn't work.. what's wrong?

I already tried to fix the cords and all that, even put up a new speaker set to see if I blew the speakers or something.. but nothing fixed it.

Take a look in your device manager and see if you have any yellow exclamation or question marks next to your sound devices.

Try reinstalling your sound drivers.

What sound card do you have, onboard or separate?

Regards Howard :)

It still doesnt work

I looked in the device manager and there were no problems or anything and I did reroll my driver but nothing happens ( I got a Realtek AC'97 audio sound card that came integrated into my system that is Onboard ) also when I looked into my sound driver properties it said nothing was wrong but still... no sound works, do you think I might have to get another sound card? or should I keep trying and get my computer tech support to help out or something?

If it's a RealTec AC'97, it probably wouldn't hurt to try to uninstall the current drivers then re-install the latest drivers.

You can get the reference Realtek AC'97 codec's here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If these don't work, you should uninstall them and try the ones on your motherboard manufacturers (or PC makers) website.

If they still do not work, you may have a hardware issue or likewise.

If you're in the USA, I've found Walmarts have Audigy SE's PCI for under $30 bucks on the shelf, or you can mail-order one through NewEgg for similar. These have excellent driver support from Creative as well as true hardware sound. These will free up more CPU power for games as well as sound much cleaner/crisper.

Ok, i'll just reinstall the new stuff and if that doesnt work i'll just try what you said about about going to walmart and getting a audigy ( I was planning on going there anyways and getting a nVidia card so I can always pick it up on the way =D )

It has nothing to do with the speakers, I tried about 4 diffrent speakers and they were all diffrent, I even tried to put headphones on and no sound.. it's probably my sound card messed up since my readings say it's perfect with no problems.. I'll probably just get a new sound card like SoundBlaster and hook up a sound system =P

Have you checked 'Sounds and Audio Devices' on 'Control Panel' and saw if it wasn't muted or on low?

That may sound daft but it happened to me, I had no sound for two weeks until I checked =(

Ps. Even if it does work, get the sound system ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back