I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2006

Hello, I have a P4 2.5Ghz processor in my computer that I got from futureshop with a 3 year extended warranty plan on all hardware and labour. So basically the only thing they dont cover is the software.
Now my question is should I take the risk of overclocking it to achieve the highest speed possible? And if it gets toasted (because I never overclocked before) I will just take it to futureshop to have it replaced OR do you think they wont buy the trick and automatically know I overcloked and burned it?
ALSO:
Will this have ANY negative effect on my other hardwares such as ATI Redeon 9550 , ram or DVD drive like burning it or anything?

SO:
If you think this is a great apportianity for a first timer to screw around and possiblt get a brand new pc replacement please refer me or tell a detailed guide on how to overclock.
I will surely update the progress if it gets going.
Thanks.

P.S. Is there any other way aside from overclocking and possibly burning the CPU; to burn a hardware such as motherboard without a technician knowing it was completely delibrate? lol

Dude, 2.5 GHz is pretty fast. Don't overclock. They may take the trick, but its against the law to do that, you could be in prison for a max of 3 yrs.

sw123 said:
Dude, 2.5 GHz is pretty fast. Don't overclock. They may take the trick, but its against the law to do that, you could be in prison for a max of 3 yrs.

Overclocking is not against the law in the US.(as long as you only do it to equiptment you own)

Just pull the battery on the mobo and it resets bios. They would never know. In these days it is hard to "fry" a CPU. I oc'd my first pc when I was 13 with no past experience. So it's not rocket science, and yes for P4 computer 2.5ghz is slow.

CrossFire851 said:
Just pull the battery on the mobo and it resets bios. They would never know. In these days it is hard to "fry" a CPU. I oc'd my first pc when I was 13 with no past experience. So it's not rocket science, and yes for P4 computer 2.5ghz is slow.

Wait a minute..so what would happen if I pull the battery out and reset the bios?

And how do I overclock this 2.5ghz cpu?

Well technically I just want to have my revenge because they ripped me off of my $100 charging me for software and reformat when I could have done that and it was included in my warranty as they sold it to me.

in short - NO. And I never recommend overclocking unless you're willing to risk losing the system and your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back