I have a AMD turion 64 ML-34 and want to upgrade to a faster one what works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Hp DV8315nr laptop and need to upgrade my AMD turion 64 ML-34 processor it is 754 socket which i don't know what that means but i want to upgrade just the processor is that possible and if so how do i do it

Updating processors in laptops is tricky at best. Some laptop (mobile) processors are soldered to the motherboard and they cannot be removed. You must change the motherboard. Is all this worth the trouble?

ok if that is the case that it is solder to the mother board how can i go about getting a new mother board that fits my labtop

I don't think you would pay $600-$1200 for another motherboard. This task is just not worth doing. Save your penny's and buy a better laptop when you can

You might be able to upgrade the CPU in the Mobile chip as AMD Mobile can be upgraded in HP/Compaq models depending on what you have for a model but you should be able to. The old Intel PIII Mobile on DELL C600 series can be swapped out also. On those if you had 850MHz you could put in 1.0GHz . I have the Compaq version of HP and my AMD Mobile CPU can be taken out and put in a different AMD CPU. The Intel versions you're stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back